It would be hard to not notice the backless trend that is everywhere right now and not only is this a great trend that I am a huge fan of but it is also extremely easy to turn into a DIY project.
What you will need
- A simple stretch shirt. (The one I used was from Forever 21)
- Measuring tape
- Washable marker
- Cut off the collar of the shirt. To make sure you cut the collar evenly measure and mark one inch from the collar on each side and going around the front of it.
- I wanted a really deep backless shirt but you can choose however deep you would like your shirt to be. On the back of the shirt make a mark where you would like the shirt to be cut to.
- Carefully cut the back of the shirt out, making sure that both sides are even. If unsure of how much to cut always lean on the side of caution. You can always cut more out but you can't add it back on.
- Once you have the shirt cut to your liking you are done! The shirt will slightly curl along the cuts, if you want to avoid this you can hem the shirt using a stretch stitch. Wear and enjoy.