Thursday 12 July 2012

DIY Studded Shorts



Of all the studding I've seen in the past few seasons I feel Versace has done it best. White leather with gold studs, or really just white and gold in general boarders on such a thin line between trashy and classy.  Maybe it really comes down to the wearer more then the garment.  Either way I'd probably kill for the dress in the last photo of my Studded Inspiration post.   Back to the short though, these shorts are my ode to that Versace dress.  Hopefully they fall on the classy side of the line or at least trashy in a cool 90's grunge kinda way.  Tutorial below.
 Xo Austere



Materials Needed: 
A Pair of Shorts or Jeans 
20 Studs  (10 Pyramid and 10 Round)
Needle Nose Pliers
A Stitch Ripper


1. Arrange the studs where you will want them to be place 

2. Starting in the top left corner, gently push the stud into our material to create to small indents from the prongs.
3. Use your stitch ripper to create to small holes in place of the indents you just created.
4. Place the stud into the holes.
5. Looking at the back side of the material use the pliers the flatten each prong down so it is flush with the material. 
6. Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 until all of your studs are in place. 
6. Cut one leg of your denim, then fold in half
7. Cut the other leg 
8. if you wish for a cuff as shown, fold your bottom of the shorts of twice.  If you want a frayed pair of cut offs,  put the short through a complete washer and dryer cycle and they will come out nicely frayed.

6 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!! xo

    www.theclothesmaiden.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Such a cool DIY! Thanks for a nice comment on my blog) Keep in touch! xoxo

    http://redinsidefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to do this for months! Thanks for the tutorial c:
    Check out my blog?
    http://pbaggs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This short is stunning

    wanna follow on instagram ?

    Kisses

    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog

    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shorts, last time I tried this I stuffed it up completely!
    Love your blog by the way, about to go back through your old posts :)
    I'll love to follow you on GFC if you follow me?

    Kendra
    xx

    StolenInspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!! WISH I HAD THE PATIENCE!!!:)))
    XX



    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...